Bible Riddles & Trivia
1. Who was the greatest entertainer in the Bible?
2. Why was Moses the most sinful man in the Bible?
3. What is the hardest chapter in the Bible?
4. What 3 things do John the Baptist and Winnie the Pooh have in common?
5. Is the book Hezekiah in the Old Testament or the new?
6. Who are the 2 shortest people in the Bible?
7. Why was Moses buried in the land of Moab?
8. What two things did Samson never eat for breakfast?
9. Where are freeways first mentioned in the Bible?
Five hundred begins it; five hundred ends it,
And five in the middle is seen;
The first of all the letters, the first of all the numbers,
Have taken their stations between;
And if you correctly this medley can spell,
The name of an ancient king then it will tell.
My center is nothing;
My first is my last;
And when the long ages
Are over and past,
Then vengeance divine
Shall devour me and mine
Trivia Questions for the Expert
1. What Bible personality was called a half-baked pancake?
2. Muppim, Huppim, and Ard were
a. Amramite Gods
b. The words of a chant of the priest of Baal
c. Three men who rebelled
d. The sons of Benjamin
e. Not in the Bible
3. In what book of the Bible does Jesus tell a certain man not to cover his mustache?
4. Who fell asleep during a sermon and died as a result?
5. What is the shortest verse in the old testament?
6. Who washed his steps with butter?
7. Two lawyers are mentioned in the Bible. What are their names?
8. Where is the swimmers breaststroke mentioned in the Bible?
9. Who laughed when threatened with a spear?
10. The word eternity is used _______times in the Bible?
BIBLE BRAIN TEASER: There are names
of 16 books of the Bible mentioned in the paragraph below. See how many you can find. (A
minister found 15 books in 20 minutes. But it took him weeks to find the sixteenth one.
Let's see how much time it takes you.)
"I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts...... and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph."
1. Samson-He brought down the house even though it was filled with his enemies.
2. He broke all the 10 commandments at once.
3. Micah (formica)
4. Honey, hairshirts, and the same middle name
5. Neither, there is no such book in the Bible
6. Bildad the Shuhite (Shoe Height) and Nehemiah (Knee-High-Miah)
7. He was dead.
8. Lunch and dinner
9. Genesis 1:30 "The Lord made every creeping thing."
Gog (Rev. 20:8-9)
1. Ephraim ("Ephraim is a cake not turned")--Hosea 7:8
2. "D" Sons of Benjamin--Genesis 46:21
3. Ezekiel--Ezekiel 24:17
4. Eutychus--Acts 20:9
5. l Chronicles 1:25 "Eber, Peleg, Reu"
6. Job--Job 29:1,6
7. Gamaliel and Zenas--Acts 5:34; Titus 3:13
8. Isaiah 25:11 As he that swimmeth spreadeth forth his hands to swim.
9. God--Job 41:29
10. Once--Isaiah 57:15